The Woodbridge Community
Woodbridge is located in the central region of Irvine. It covers roughly four square miles and has approximately 9,500 homes. The community features two large man made lakes bisecting the two residential segments commonly referred to as North lake and South lake. Each half of the Woodbridge communities hosts a lake at its center. The lakes are between three and six feet deep and each is crossed by a large wooden footbridge, providing the village its name.
- North and South lakes
- Two swim clubs ~ stone creek and blue lake
- Two beach clubs with sand surrounded lagoons
- Dock facilities on both lakes to rent pedal boats, kayaks, canoes, sailboats, hydro-bikes
- 24 tennis courts
- 2 tennis clubs
- 15 parks
- 22 swimming pools
- Pathways and bikeways throughout the community
- 4 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 high school
- Variety of classes, activities and events sponsored by association
- Seasonal events ~ concerts on the lake, parades and parties to round out the social calendar
- Centrally located and easy access to the 5 and 405 interstates and Toll roads
- Short distance to Irvine Spectrum Mall, Tustin Market Place, The District Center, Fashion Island and Newport and Laguna Beach
Nestled in the heart of the Woodbridge community is the Woodbridge Village Center or "The Center", which has a variety of retail stores including a Barnes and Noble, Woodbridge Starplex Movie theatre, Ruby’s Diner, several retail and medical offices and hot yoga. This Center is currently undergoing a $30 million update and is slotted to be be renovated by August 2017.
Woodbridge is a larger community with a home town feel—well suited for the young and old. With so many paths for biking, walking, outdoor living and activities, coupled with a plethora of recreational parks, Woodbridge is truly a unique place to live.